Guilt free Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
- 3 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tbsp protein world coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Per serving
- Calories 115
- Protein 4g
- Carbohydrates 10g
- Sugar 6g
- Fibre 1g
- Fat 7g
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or aluminium foil).
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix the dry ingredients together with a fork. Includes: ground almonds, salt, and baking soda.
- Add the chocolate chips and chopped walnuts to the dry mixture and stir evenly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the wet ingredients together (honey, oil, vanilla extract, and egg).
- You may need to slightly heat the honey and oil in order to liquefy them. 30 seconds in the microwave will do. Be sure to heat before you add the egg.
- Make a crater in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the whisked wet ingredients.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until evenly mixed.
- Using a 1 tablespoon scoop or a spoon, spoon out balls of the dough and align them on the baking sheet.
- Using either the palm of your hand or the back of a spoon greased with a little coconut oil, smash the balls of cookie dough down. Because the cookies don’t expand much during baking, the shape you make will stick.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes (or until golden brown), then let cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Note: the cookies will not come off the parchment paper (or aluminium foil) very easily if they’re too warm.
- Makes 24 cookies