Orange, Mint, And Apricot Moroccan Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 30g preserved lemon, chopped finely
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp Protein World coconut oil
- 1-2 tbsp ras-el-hanout
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped in half
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- small handful of mint, chopped finely
- small handful of rocket
- Chilli powder (optional)
- 1 orange
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- Per serving
- Calories 289
- Protein 9g
- Carbohydrates 40g
- Sugar 13g
- Fibre 9g
- Fat 12g
- Fill a large saucepan with water, and add your quinoa, preserved lemon, and some salt. Boil for 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, add the coconut oil, ras el hanout, cumin, apricots, crushed garlic, and a few crushed mint leaves. Cook on a low heat for about 10-15 minutes, and then set aside.
- Drain the quinoa mix and let it cool for a couple of minutes. Then pop in a large mixing bowl, and cover it with the cooked apricots, and garlic. Add the rocket, mint, and a bit of chilli if you like it hot.
- Juice one half of your orange, and pour it over the top. Slice the other half. When you are ready, assemble the quinoa and top with the orange slices and the chopped almonds.
- Serves 2