Roasted Autumn Vegetables With Halloumi Cheese
- Medium butternut squash
- 2 red peppers
- 2 red onions, peeled
- 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways
- 3 whole heads of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Protein World coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 200g pack Halloumi cheese, cut or torn into chunks
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Fresh basil leaves to garnish
- Salt and pepper to season
- Per serving
- Calories 351
- Protein 14g
- Carbohydrates 27g
- Sugar 10g
- Fibre 4g
- Fat 23g
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Cut the squash half lengthways and remove the seeds. Cut the flesh into chunks and place in a large roasting tin.
- Cut the peppers and carrots in half and add them to the roasting tin. Halve the onions, then cut into small wedges and place in the tin. Top off the vegetables with the garlic then drizzle the vegetables with the melted coconut oil and coat well. Season with freshly ground black pepper and salt. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes or until slightly charred at the edges.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and sprinkle with the vinegar. Scatter the cheese over the top and cook for a further 25 minutes or until the halloumi is golden.
- Scatter the pine nuts and basil leaves over the top and serve piping hot.
- Serves 4