Spicy Stir Fry Chicken With Peanuts
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1tbsp cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tbsp water
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 heaped tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp Protein World coconut oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 4 dried chillies, stems removed and cut in halves
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 can water chestnuts
- 50g unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Bunch coriander, chopped
- Calories 392
- Protein 44g
- Carbs 20.5g
- Sugar 14.5g
- Fibre 1.9g
- Fat 14.4g
- To Make Marinade: Combine 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon cornstarch/water mixture and mix together. Place chicken pieces in a large bowl and add marinade. Toss to coat. Cover dish and place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- To Make Sauce: In a small bowl combine the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, hoisin and honey. Set aside.
- Meanwhile add the coconut oil to a wok and stir fry the garlic, ginger, chillies, spring onions and water chestnuts for 1 minute or until the chillies turn dark.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, add to the stir fry and cook for 5-8 minutes, until golden in colour.
- Add the sauce and bring to a boil then add the peanuts and let simmer until sauce thickens.
- Serve on it's on or with rice/noddles and garnish with coriander.