With Valentine’s day around the corner, you may be wondering how to make it special this year, especially when going out may be off the cards. Whether you are spending your day with your loved one, best friend or sibling – we have some great Valentine’s day recipes and inspired red food for you to enjoy! Then after all that eating – why not try out a partner workout at home to get the blood pumping.
Red Valentine’s Day recipes for two
- Red Velvet Waffles
What screams Valentine’s day more than the colour red?! That’s why we inevitably had to focus on red food as the theme for these waffles. Red velvet is such an indulgent cake flavour, that it will definitely feel like a treat. Top with some blueberries and maple syrup for a perfect breakfast to share with your loved one!
- 8 scoops (100g) Slender Pancakes Mix
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp red food colouring
- 220ml almond milk
- Low fat cream cheese, blueberries and maple syrup for topping
- In a jug, whisk together the food colouring and milk until combined.
- Add the pancake mix and cocoa powder in a bowl and whisk in the milk to form a batter.
- Preheat a waffle iron, and lightly grease with coconut oil. Once heated, spoon half of the mix into the pan at a time, cooking each waffle for approximately 6-8minutes until cooked.
- Repeat with the remaining mix, and serve on to two plates with your choice of toppings.
Nutritional Information (per serving, without toppings): 203kcal, 12g protein, 29g carbs, 1.2g sugar, 4g fat, 1.8g fibre
- Strawberry Cheesecake Jars
This dessert may not be a completely red food, but we can’t pass on a cheesecake when thinking of a romantic dessert for two. These mini, single serve high-protein treats are a perfect indulgence without the excessive amount of sugar and calories found in standard shop bought desserts.
- 3 digestive biscuits
- 50g low fat cream cheese
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 50ml whipping cream
- 2 scoops (20g) Slender Blend Strawberries and Cream
- 150g fresh strawberries (plus two for toppings)
- Add your digestives to a food processor and blitz a few times to make into crumbs.
- In two jars, press the digestives into the bottom of each one to form a base.
- Add your cream cheese, sugar, cream, Slender Blend and strawberries to a blender and blend on high speed until smooth and thick.
- Transfer to your jars and refrigerate for 1-2h until firm. Serve with an extra strawberry on top for a delicious dessert.
Nutritional Information (per serving): 308kcal, 11g protein, 26g carbs, 17g sugar, 16g fat, 4.2g fibre
- Valentine’s Day Smoothie
Now our Protein World Valentine’s day recipes section won’t be complete without what we do best – Slender Smoothies! We never pass up on a chance to include your favourite product
- 500ml almond milk
- 1.5 cup frozen raspberries
- 6 scoops (60g) White Chocolate & Raspberry Slender Blend
- 2 tbsp low fat Greek yoghurt
- Ice cubes, if desired
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blitz on high speed until smooth.
- Transfer to two glasses or jars and enjoy with your loved one!
Nutritional Information (per serving): 219kcal, 26g protein, 13g carbs, 12g sugar, 4.7g fat, 7.7g fibre
Now you’ve got your food sorted why not think about some fun at-home activities to do with your partner. This could be in the form of a partner workout which not only is great fun but will get your heart pumping! Why not try out this quick and fun partner ab workout you can do with your loved one this year?
Perform each exercise for 10 reps. Move on to the next exercise. Complete circuit 5 times, resting for 1 minute in between each circuit.
- Catch Sit Ups: Grab a medicine ball (or any other basketball sized object) and lie on the floor with your knees bent with your partner lying facing you. As you both squeeze your abs to perform a sit-up, pass the ball between you.
- Up and Down Planks with partner tap: Start in high plank position and engage your core and glutes. Place one elbow on the mat, then the other. Now place your right hand on the mat and the left to return to high plank. When you both have your arms straight, lift your left hand and tap your partners hand – repeat on the other side.
- Toe taps: Lie on floor with your knees bent. Have your partner lying facing you and having your feet interlacing. At the same time, squeeze your abs to lift your shoulders off the floor and tap your hand to your left ankle, then over to the right ankle and repeat.
If an ab circuit doesn’t sound like your thing, check out this HIIT style couple workout from our ambassador Charlie Taylor!
Couples HIIT workout from trainer Charlie Taylor
Charlie’s workout - https://www.instagram.com/p/CKbZtZ0sD0S/
45s active / 15s rest
- Squat With Alt Taps
- Burpee Jump Overs
- Static Bear Crawl Shoulder Tap
- Static Squat Hold Press Ups in Plank
- Wheel Barrel Deadlifts
- Russian Twist
Treat yourself to 20% off exclusively to blog readers, use code BLOG20 Not in conjunction with any other offers, T&C's apply.