Coconut Prawn Dippers
- 1/3 cup Protein World instant oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 pound raw large Prawns/Shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails attached
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Start with 3 medium bowls. Combine oats, salt, and pepper in one. Beat the eggs in the second bowl. Coconut in the third bowl.
- Dip the shrimp into the oat mixture, then the eggs, and then dredge the shrimp into the coconut, pressing gently to adhere. You want a lot of coconut on each shrimp.
- Set the coated shrimp aside on a plate as you coat the remaining shrimp.Add a tbsp of coconut oil in a pan on medium heat. Pan fry the coconut shrimp in batches - do not crowd them in the pan.
- Flip after 2 minutes and fry the other side for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Place the finished coconut shrimp on a plate lined with a paper towel as you fry the rest. Serve with your favorite sweet chili sauce or a light crème fraiche