Grilled Halloumi Skewers
- 2 Medium Courgettes
- 1 Large red onion
- 250G Halloumi Cheese
- Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Yellow or Red Pepper
- 1 TBsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Fresh/Dried Oregano
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Halve the courgettes lengthways, then thickly slice.
- Cut the onion into wedges and separate into pieces.
- Thread the halloumi, cherry tomatoes, courgettes, onion and pepper onto eight skewers.
- Cover and chill the kebabs until you are ready to cook (You can do this up to half a day ahead.)
- To make the baste, mix together the coconut oil, lemon juice, oregano and seasoning. (This can be made ahead and chilled too.)
- Preheat the barbecue or grill and arrange the kebabs on the rack. Brush with the baste, stirring it first to make sure the ingredients are blended. Cook for 4-5 minutes, turning often, until the cheese begins to turn golden and the vegetables are just tender. Serve while still hot on their own with a yogurt dip or with warm pitta bread.