Roast Chicken Tray Bake
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 red onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- sprigs thyme
- 150ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 Handful frozen peas
- 3 tbsp PW coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon juice
- Heat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas 5.
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a non-metallic bowl (coconut oil, mustard, lemon juice).
- Add the chicken, season with salt and pepper, and rub in to coat evenly.
- Leave to marinate for 30 minutes, if you have time.
- Place the fennel, onion, garlic and thyme in a roasting dish with the chicken and marinade, then add the stock.
- Roast for 40-45 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Gently mix in the peas, then return to the oven and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan to hot and quickly press the clementine discs on to the surface for ½-1 minute until they caramelise on one side.
- Remove with a fish slice, and use to garnish the chicken dish, with the fennel fronds.
- Add a squeeze of lemon and serve with sweet potatoes and.