Sweet Potato And Spinach Breakfast Muffins
- 5 eggs
- 5 egg whites
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 tbsp fresh chives
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp Protein World coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup diced sweet potato
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 1 garlic cloves
- 2 cups spinach, chopped finely
- pinch nutmeg
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Per Muffin
- Calories 56
- Protein 5g
- Carbohydrates 3g
- Sugar 1g
- Fibre 1g
- Fat 3g
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Grease a standard muffin tin with coconut oil or use liners.
- Whisk together the eggs, egg whites, skim milk, and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, In a skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the sweet potato and onion. Cook for 8 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic, spinach, and nutmeg. Cook for 2 more minutes or until wilted.
- Let cool for 2 minutes and then mix into eggs. Pour into muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Once cooked, squeeze over the lemon
- Makes 12