Easter recipes to match your fitness goals
Each year we look forward to Easter, having given up our favourite treats for lent and splurge out on the delicious chocolates and treats we receive on Easter Day. As a result, we often think of Easter and draw our minds to weight gain from all our sugary endeavors but it is possible to celebrate in the tastiest ways possible without sacrificing your goals. If you know how.
These delicious, low calorie Easter recipes will have your taste buds elated and your mind at ease as they aid your weight loss goals!
Slender Hot Cross Buns: makes 9
244 calories, 9.4g protein, 42g carbs, 10g sugar, 3.7g fat, 2.6g fibre
- 385g Slender Pizza Mix
- 1 tsp instant dry yeast
- 50g light brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 175ml almond milk, lukewarm
- 30g low-fat butter, melted
- 1 egg (sub ¼ cup apple sauce if vegan)
- 60g dried fruit
- 2 tbsp flour + 2 tbsp water for crosses
- In a bowl, stir 1 tbsp of sugar into your milk and sprinkle the yeast over the top. Let sit for 30 seconds before stirring. Set aside for 10 minutes to activate the yeast.
- Whisk butter and egg together then mix with the yeast mixture. Add the remaining dry ingredients (apart from the fruit) into the bowl and mix to form a smooth dough – using more flour if needed.
- Turn dough out onto a clean, dusted work surface and knead for 10 minutes. Put in a greased bowl and cover with a damp tea towel. Let rise for 1hr (until doubled in size).
- Split the dough into 9 even buns and place on a lined baking tray. Cover again and leave for 30-60minutes longer.
- Preheat oven to 175C. Mix together flour and water for the crosses and pipe on top of the buns. Bake for 15 minutes until browned.
- Remove from the oven and brush with sugar free maple syrup. Best served warm with butter.
High-Fibre Slender Granola Easter Nests
208 calories, 4.8g protein, 23g carbs, 11g sugar, 9.3g fat, 7.6g fibre
- 150g Slender Granola
- 75g milk/dark chocolate, melted
- 18 mini eggs
- Line a six-muffin tin with cake cases. In a bowl mix together the granola and melted chocolate until combined. Keeping 2 tbsp melted chocolate spare.
- Distribute the filling into the 6 cases and tightly pack it together. Leave to set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- add a tsp of melted chocolate to the top of each nest and stick 3 mini eggs on top. Repeat and return to the fridge until set.
Carrot Cake Slender Muffins
166 calories, 5.9g protein, 17g carbs, 1.6g sugar, 7.8g fat, 2.3g fibre
- 200g Slender Muffin Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 150ml water
- 35ml melted coconut oil
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- Preheat your oven to 180C fan. Melt the coconut oil and set aside.
- Mix eggs, water and oil together until mixed. Add the Slender Muffin Mix and stir until a smooth thick batter forms.
- Spoon the mixture into 8 muffin cases and bake in the oven for approximately 25 minutes until risen and a toothpick comes out clean.
Treat yourself to 20% off exclusively to blog readers, use code BLOG20 Not in conjunction with any other offers, T&C's apply.